Your children go to school and you go to work. You’re busy preparing dinner and they’re the ones that get to sit down and enjoy it. Parents and children do things differently, but does it makes perfect sense that they should see different dentists? Here are a few reasons why parents may prefer to send their child to a pediatric dentist vs. a dentist that mostly specializes in adults.
Kids Dentist vs. General Dentist
- Special Training For Children: Pediatric dentists have 2-3 years additional training immediately following dental school. This specialized schooling focuses on child psychology and early development of teeth and jaws. They know what to look for and can spot abnormalities in your child’s dental development quickly.
- Patients: General dentists treat patients of all ages, while pediatric dentists normally focus and specialize in children.
- Experience: Because pediatric dentists work almost exclusively with younger patients, they’re often more skilled at interacting with infants and kids with special needs. They’re also able to provide advice in the early development of children and can reinforce breaking bad habits like thumb sucking and pacifier use.
Here’s the good news, you don’t need to see 2 different dentists.
- …we treat children AND adults. Pediatric dental offices are designed with kids in mind but our dental clinic services adults too.
- …we are a family dentist so that means you and your kids can both see the same dentist which is super convenient to parents.
Wait a sec, I thought Pediatric Dental offices only dealt with children…
Normally they do, but our dental clinic is a little different. All of our dentists are qualified and specially trained to offer dental services to children of all ages. They can provide dental care for infants and special needs children as well, but in addition – we also treat adult patients as well. So if Dad needs a cleaning and Junior needs a cavity filled, no big deal – you can rest assured that both will receive outstanding dental care under one roof.
Still debating on a Kids Dentist vs a General Dentist?
Ask your child’s pediatrician for recommendations and they’ll tell you the same. Your child will feel immediately at ease with our kid-friendly staff. Our dental offices are located in Burke, Woodbridge, and Dale City. We deal with more major insurance providers and offer payment plans as well.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
Error: Contact form not found.